Salam Institute for Peace and Justice
Salam Institute is an NGO for research, education, & practice on issues related to conflict resolution, nonviolence, human rights and interfaith dialogue.
Founded by a group of academicians and practitioners in the field of conflict resolution, peace studies, Islamic cultural studies, and international development, the Salam Institute aims to:
- Provide scholarly and professional knowledge and expertise to governmental and non-governmental organizations and individuals on various dimensions of political, socio-cultural, religious, and economic aspects of conflicts in Islamic context;
- the knowledge base of Islamic models for conflict resolution and peace among practitioners, academicians, and policy makers;
- Further the inter-religious dialogue among Muslims and non-Muslims in Western and non-Western societies, as well as promote an action orientation towards peace and justice among the different communities;
- Advance the integration of local traditions and values in areas of peace, conflict resolution and development; and,
- Explore, develop, and utilize resources in Muslim communities to contribute to peacebuilding and development efforts in various conflict areas in the world.